tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Jre upgrade Issue with Tomcat 5.5:java.util.zip.ZipException:error in opening zip file
Date Tue, 27 Oct 2009 14:17:27 GMT
> From: selvakumar.V [mailto:selvakumar.velmurugesan@gmail.com]
> Subject: RE: Jre upgrade Issue with Tomcat
> 5.5:java.util.zip.ZipException:error in opening zip file
>
> And we are facing that issue in 2 application only.Rest of the
> applications are working fine.

In that case, you may have corrupted jar files; try rebuilding them and see if the problem
is corrected.

A jar file can be processed either sequentially by reading through all the entries one by
one, or randomly by accessing each entry through the central directory that's stored at the
end of the jar file.  This is just speculation, but if 1.5 processed jars sequentially and
1.6 uses the central directory, corruption in the directory would not have been detected in
the older JRE.  I haven't compared the zip/jar code between the two, so as I said, this is
just a guess about what might be happening.

> And do you mean that the permission relate to "JRE related stuff or
> Application related stuff" ?.

Application; but see the above.

 - Chuck