tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: How can I prevent Quartz multiple execution after tomcatrestart
Date Mon, 26 Oct 2009 16:07:30 GMT
> From: André Warnier [mailto:aw@ice-sa.com]
> Subject: Re: How can I prevent Quartz multiple execution after
> tomcatrestart
>
> Assuming there is a single (and default) Host, like this :
> <Host name="locahost" ...>
>    <Alias name="somealias.company.com">
> </Host>
>
> and multiple requests comes in with a header
> Host: somealias.company.com
>
> then indeed the fact of having this Alias, would be faster than not
> having it, wouldn't it ?
> And in such a case, Chuck's comment that
> "Note that if you have only one <Host>, <Alias> elements are completely
> superfluous."
> would be, in fact, incorrect. Ha !

Nope, it's still superfluous, since it does not affect the operation.  To optimize performance,
you would change the defaultHost attribute of the <Engine> to "somealias.company.com"
(or whatever the most commonly used host name is), and change the name attribute of the single
<Host> to the same.  Adding the <Alias> will slow it down.

 - Chuck