tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat5 CLASSPATH Issues
Date Mon, 26 Oct 2009 16:02:40 GMT
> From: Rob Ogilvie [mailto:rob@axpr.net]
> Subject: Tomcat5 CLASSPATH Issues
>
> I have an application I am attempting to deploy under Tomcat5 (5.5.23
> from CentOS 5.4) that requires a specific CLASSPATH and
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH be set.

If any webapp requires a specific CLASSPATH setting, the webapp is ill-engineered at best.

The CLASSPATH environment variable should *never* be used with Tomcat (or any other Java program,
for that matter).

> Can anybody assist?

The proper thing to do is place whatever jars or classes the webapp needs under its WEB-INF/lib
or WEB-INF/classes directory, respectively.  Webapps are intended to be self-contained, so
should include all their dependencies.

 - Chuck