tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Default SSL ciphers supported by Tomcat 6
Date Fri, 23 Oct 2009 03:09:34 GMT
> From: uma_rk@comcast.net [mailto:uma_rk@comcast.net]
> Subject: Default SSL ciphers supported by Tomcat 6
>
> I am looking for the default set of SSL(v3) ciphers supported by
> Tomcat 6.0.x.

It's in the doc:

"ciphers

"The comma separated list of encryption ciphers that this socket is allowed to use. By default,
the default ciphers for the JVM will be used. Note that this usually means that the weak export
grade ciphers will be included in the list of available ciphers. The ciphers are specified
using the JSSE cipher naming convention."

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/ssl-howto.html

Tomcat does not include any encryption capability of its own, unless you're using APR.  For
that, you'll need to look at the OpenSSL doc.

 - Chuck