tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Erreur : Could not initialize class com.sun.xml.ws.spi.ProviderImpl
Date Fri, 16 Oct 2009 17:24:49 GMT
> From: Jean-Pierre ASTIER [mailto:jpastier@analogue-paris.com]
> Subject: Re: Erreur : Could not initialize class
> com.sun.xml.ws.spi.ProviderImpl
>
> If I put the jax-ws-2.1 library in the WEB-INF/lib directory in my
> webapp I've got this error :
>
> Oct 16, 2009 4:46:39 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve
> invoke
> SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet myPhotothequeControleur threw
> exception
> (java.lang.RuntimePermission accessDeclaredMembers)

Looks like the Tomcat on your Linux box is running with a SecurityManager, whereas your development
environment isn't.  You'll need to either turn off the SecurityManager, or enable the necessary
access for the code in question (which we can't see, because it's deeper in the call stack
than the snippet you posted).

> When you speak about the shared/lib directory, is this the tomcat
> shared/lib directory ?

Yes - but it probably won't make any difference for the access problem.

 - Chuck