tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Can a JNDI resource be in a webapp's lib folder
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2009 21:28:30 GMT
> From: Christopher Schultz [mailto:chris@christopherschultz.net]
> Subject: Re: Can a JNDI resource be in a webapp's lib folder
>
> I think this is a reasonable desire, and I'm not sure why Tomcat's
> architecture does not allow this. Honestly, using the webapp's
> ClassLoader to create JNDI resources would make a lot of sense and fix
> at least one long-standing bug/resource leak when restarting webapps.

Not sure if that's feasible without spec changes.  The JNDI registry is for the entire JVM;
if resources reachable through it were under control of a webapp classloader, they would be
visible to but not usable by other webapps.  There may be ways to construct local (per-webapp)
JNDI domains, but I don't think there's anything like that in the spec.

 - Chuck