tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: How to install Tomcat 5.5.28 32-bit version on Windows 64-bit version?
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2009 13:04:46 GMT
> From: Vadim Volkov [mailto:chain.net@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: How to install Tomcat 5.5.28 32-bit version on Windows 64-
> bit version?
>
> I strongly needs in 32-bit JRE and 32-bit Tomcat
> service on 64-bit Windows.

Could you please tell us why?  I can't imagine any reason one would want a 32-bit JVM these
days, except for JNI compatibility, which is not an issue with Tomcat.  Note that you can
have both 32- and 64-bit JVMs installed at the same time.

> Is it feasible to install 32-bit version of Tomcat on 64-bit Windows +
> 32-bit JVM?

Tomcat itself is pure Java, so it's only the service wrapper that has to be the same mode
as the JVM being used.  You can get the 32-bit version here:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tc6.0.x/trunk/res/procrun/

 - Chuck