tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: changing default ROOT webapp in Tomcat 6.0.18
Date Wed, 14 Oct 2009 18:57:41 GMT
> From: Tony Anecito [mailto:adanecito@yahoo.com]
> Subject: RE: changing default ROOT webapp in Tomcat 6.0.18
>
> So if I create a directory named ROOT on say a network drive (or even a
> logical drive on the same server as Tomcat) Tomcat will find it without
> any modification to any config files?

Can't put it in just any arbitrary location; it must be under the <Host> appBase directory.
 If you want your webapp in a completely arbitrary place, you should use the conf/Catalina/[host]/ROOT.xml
approach, with that file containing a <Context> element with a docBase attribute pointing
to the arbitrary location.

 - Chuck