tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Simple APR install question...
Date Mon, 12 Oct 2009 17:43:55 GMT
> From: Darryl Pentz [mailto:djpentz@yahoo.com]
> Subject: Re: Simple APR install question...
>
> I must confess to not having really paid much attention to the APR
> listener. Do you recommend always using this when running on Windows or
> are there only certain conditions under which to use APR?

There's no clear-cut answer.  Check the comparison of the various flavors, and see which one
best fits your needs:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/http.html#Connector%20Comparison

If you are using SSL, *and* want the maximum possible throughput, then the OpenSSL component
of APR is much faster than the pure Java equivalent.  However, the SSL configuration is completely
different, and APR has to be built for each platform you run on.

 - Chuck