tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: tomcat 5.5.25 shared lib and sharing webapp jars
Date Fri, 09 Oct 2009 19:14:59 GMT
> From: Curtis Garman [mailto:curt.garman@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: tomcat 5.5.25 shared lib and sharing webapp jars
>
> Honestly, I'm not that familiar with classloaders...I've never had to
> deal with them...what would I look at to determine if this danger is
> likely to be present?

Sorry, I think I used poor wording there.  Should have used something like "instances of classes
loaded by a webapp's classloader".  So you don't have to look at the classloaders themselves,
just classes of the webapp.  If a class under consideration for sharing keeps any references
to objects of a webapp (e.g., for callbacks), that class really isn't appropriate for sharing.

 - Chuck