tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Getting an error with the Tomcat Manager on version6.0.14.
Date Wed, 07 Oct 2009 19:05:02 GMT
> From: Razvan Poenaru [mailto:Razvan.Poenaru@mdacorporation.com]
> Subject: RE: Getting an error with the Tomcat Manager on version6.0.14.
>
> This is the manager.xml file I have in \webapps\manager directory:
> <Context docBase="${catalina.home}/server/webapps/manager"
>          privileged="true" antiResourceLocking="false"
> antiJARLocking="false">

The above appears to have been left over from a version of Tomcat prior to 6.0.x; the docBase
attribute is incorrect (and shouldn't actually be there at all); there is no ${catalina.home}/server
directory on Tomcat 6.  The above file does not exist on a current Tomcat download.

>   <!-- Link to the user database we will get roles from -->
>   <ResourceLink name="users" global="UserDatabase"
>                 type="org.apache.catalina.UserDatabase"/>
> </Context>

I don't think the above <ResourceLink> is of much use.

> I do not have any contex.xml file in \webapps\manager\MET-INF

There should be one - it's part of the standard Tomcat download, so someone has removed it.
 The proper one looks like this:

<Context antiResourceLocking="false" privileged="true" />

and is located in ${catalina.home}/webapps/manager/META-INF/context.xml.

You might want to download a copy of 6.0.14 from the archives and compare it with what you
have; looks like someone has improperly mucked around with the structure.
http://archive.apache.org/dist/tomcat/tomcat-6/v6.0.14/bin/

 - Chuck