tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: mod_jk problem related to multiple hosts on Apache and Tomcat
Date Wed, 07 Oct 2009 17:51:31 GMT
> From: Maciej Zabielski [mailto:MAZ@tessel.pl]
> Subject: mod_jk problem related to multiple hosts on Apache and Tomcat
>
> Tomcat Host
> <Host name="localhost" debug="0" appBase="webapps" unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"
>   xmlValidation="false" xmlNamespaceAware="false">
>   <Context path="" docBase="/var/lib/tomcat5/webapps"/>
>   <Alias>alfresco.domain.com</Alias>
> </Host>

I can't advise you about the httpd-related stuff, but the above is clearly wrong.  The docBase
attribute of a <Context> must not be the same as the <Host> appBase; docBase should
point to some directory or .war file directly *underneath* the appBase directory.  (Your other
<Host> element is correct.)

 - Chuck