tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: How to Map domain to a context using Mod_jk
Date Tue, 06 Oct 2009 15:34:33 GMT
> From: gpike [mailto:gopike@gmail.com]
> Subject: RE: How to Map domain to a context using Mod_jk
>
> I thought a restart was needed because VirtualHost config is in the
> server.xml.

Tomcat has APIs for pretty much everything, and these are used by the parser for server.xml
to create the internal objects, including those for each <Host>.  The host-manager webapp
does the same.

> So are you saying using  host-manager I could add the new
> VirtualHost, but I would also need to add it to server.xml
> because the host-manager changes would be lost at restart?

Adding it to server.xml is one way; you could also keep track of the additional hosts separately
and just call the host-manager webapp with the necessary data to add each one at Tomcat startup.

 - Chuck