tomcat-users mailing list archives

From richard mycroft <rmycroft2...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Help management access
Date Sun, 04 Oct 2009 18:09:14 GMT
OK, I ran into the same thing a few weeks ago and wasted a lot of time before finding the silly
XML comment elements.  There should be an English language note, or a default user with no
rights that is not commented out in order to help those of us not possessing a nice. context
sensitive XML editor or experience with XML sufficient to quickly let us note this.  Just
a thought as I am very sure I am not the only person to wasted lots of time on this situation.

 All the best,
Rich

________________________________
From: Ken Bowen <kbowen@als.com>
To: Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, October 4, 2009 12:07:56 PM
Subject: Re: Help management access

Remove the comment symbols   <!--          -->   from tomcat-users.xml

On Oct 4, 2009, at 11:57 AM, Jared Southern wrote:

> Hi all,
> I installed  Apache Tomcat Version 6.0.20
> I can't access the tomcat Management system,
> I changed the tomcat-users.xml file, but I doen't make any difference.
> <tomcat-users><!--  <role rolename="admin"/>  <role rolename="tomcat"/>
 <role rolename="role1"/>  <role relename="manager"/>  <user username="jared"
password="secret" roles="manager,admin,tomcat"/>  <user username="both" password="tomcat"
roles="tomcat,role1"/>  <user username="role1" password="tomcat" roles="role1"/>--></tomcat-users>