tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Hassan Schroeder <hassan.schroe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HttpSession.setMaxInactiveInterval() sets for all sessions?
Date Fri, 02 Oct 2009 05:00:47 GMT
On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 6:38 PM, Eric B. <ebenze@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I'm running Tomcat 6.0.18 and seeing something very bizarre.  If I use
> HttpSession.setMaxInactiveInterval() in one session, and then in a different
> session, use HttpSession.getMaxInactiveInterval(), I get the value that I
> just set in the first session.

> Am I seeing strange behaviour, or is this behaviour by design?

I don't see that behavior in a quick test with
Tomcat 6.0.20, context running Servlet Spec 2.5 on
(Mac) Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_15-b03-226)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 14.1-b02-92, mixed mode

Do you have a test case? Are you really sure you're getting those
data points from different sessions?

twitter: @hassan