tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: servlet mappings
Date Sat, 31 Oct 2009 09:08:19 GMT
Juha Laiho wrote:

>>>   <servlet-mapping id="coldfusion_mapping_6">
>>>      <servlet-name>CfmServlet</servlet-name>
>>>      <url-pattern>*.cfm/*</url-pattern>
>>>   </servlet-mapping>
>>
>> I don't think the above mapping is valid.
>
> Seconded, and tried a few variations with Tomcat to verify my
> expectations. One way would be to explicitly declare all different .cfm
> prefixes, like

I agree with what you are both saying of course, and that's how the
Servlet Spec is.
But has not one of the Tomcat gurus lurking on this forum ever
questioned why that is so, and asked the authorities who create the
Servlet Spec why they thought it smart to create their own bizarre type
of wildcard matching, as opposed to adopting some well-established one
such as the shell's filespec wildcards or regexp's ?