tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Juha Laiho <Juha.La...@iki.fi>
Subject Re: servlet mappings
Date Fri, 30 Oct 2009 20:25:49 GMT
Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: Chris Blackwell [mailto:chris@team193.com]
>> Subject: servlet mappings
>>
>> Coldfusion 9's web.xml ships with the following servlet-mapping, but it
>> doesn't seem to work on Tomcat
>>   <servlet-mapping id="coldfusion_mapping_6">
>>      <servlet-name>CfmServlet</servlet-name>
>>      <url-pattern>*.cfm/*</url-pattern>
>>   </servlet-mapping>
>
> I don't think the above mapping is valid.

Seconded, and tried a few variations with Tomcat to verify my
expectations. One way would be to explicitly declare all different .cfm
prefixes, like

<servlet-mapping>
   <servlet-name>CfmServlet</servlet-name>
   <url-pattern>/first.cfm/*</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>
<servlet-mapping>
   <servlet-name>CfmServlet</servlet-name>
   <url-pattern>/second.cfm/*</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>
... and so on. But then, I've never worked with CF, so cannot tell
whether this approach makes any sense in that context.
--
..Juha