tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pid <...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: SessionID cookie not secure over SSL
Date Wed, 28 Oct 2009 13:52:15 GMT
On 27/10/2009 22:31, Joe Wallace wrote:

> André Warnier wrote:
>> Am I mistaken then to think that since the connection B from IIS to
>> Tomcat is not over HTTPS but over AJP, Tomcat has no idea that HTTPS is
>> being used ?
>> Whatever consequences this has in the context (and which are beyond my
>> expertise).
>
> Andre,
> I guess that is the question.
>
> The filter I have in Tomcat calls request.isSecure().
> This returns true.
>
> (All requests have been using https)

What steps are you taking to ensure this is the case?

How are you enforcing HTTPS, are you using a
<transport-guarantee>CONFIDENTIAL</transport-guarantee>?

Under the general category of asking the obvious, can you clear all
existing cookies and then use Firebug/LiveHTTPHeaders in Firefox (or the
browser of your choice) to see exactly when the first Set-Cookie header
occurs?

> If when tomcat does this.
>
> if(request.isSecure())
>    cookie.setSecure(true);
>
> A call to cookie.getSecure should return true.
>
> But the same filter that returns true for request.isSecure()
> calls Cookie.getSecure() and it returns false.
>

> Joe

would specifically set the cookie to be sent only over SSL or https.  This was not the>default
setting.  I want users to connect to my web site using https then they might click a link
on one of my web pages whose protocal is not secure.  What is the>behavior of the JSESSIONID
cookie in this situation.