tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pete McNeil <madscient...@microneil.com>
Subject Re: Expecting "jsp:param" - Porting resin jsp pages to tomcat, dreamweaver editable sections / comments
Date Tue, 27 Oct 2009 20:54:41 GMT
Christopher Schultz wrote:

<snip/>

> I think the JSP specification has a little multiple-personality disorder
> when it comes to XML-looking-syntax versus actual XML syntax. It's
> unfortunate, since it can really confuse people.

My $0.03

"be strict in what you produce, be forgiving in what you receive"

IMO allowing for the XML comments _seems_ like a good idea.

None the less we're modifying that code to be more correct -- even if
the specs are a little ambiguous it seems more correct to treat the
entire <jsp:include.../> as a single entity in this case and not slice
it up with comments for whatever reasons.

_M