tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 5.5.17 RMI MalformedURLException when installed in dir with Spaces
Date Sat, 24 Oct 2009 10:26:27 GMT
Vikas Sharma wrote:
> Hi,
>  I am seeing the famous MalformedURLException issue when my tomcat is
> installed in the dir with Spaces.

Well, just don't do that. I mean, remove it and re-install it in a path
without spaces.  Paths with spaces in them are ridiculous, dangerous,
confusing, a quoting nightmare, change for each language, and will
always bite you somewhere.  The guy who invented them should have gotten
an Ig-Nobel prize, and should have his pension and all his assets
impounded to pay for all the programming and debugging hours he caused
to be lost.  The other guys at the "Program\ files/Apache\ Software
Foundation/Tomcat\ 5.5" who endlessly reproduce the same mistake should
be fired.  I take that back; they can't be fired because they get no
salary. But they should be named.