tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: How can I prevent Quartz multiple execution after tomcatrestart
Date Fri, 23 Oct 2009 21:36:12 GMT
Mark Thomas wrote:
> Pid wrote:
>> On 23/10/2009 15:25, André Warnier wrote:
>>> Well, let's get to the bottom of this.
>>> When Tomcat gets a request, does it :
>>> 1) figure immediately that it has only one Host, and thus not even look
>>> at the "Host:" header, and respond with the one and only default Host ?
>>> or
>>> 2) first look at the Host header, try to find a matching Host or Alias,
>>> and only default to the default Host if it has /not/ found a matching
>>> Host name or Alias ?
>> I'd guess 2.

>>> Hmm ?
>
> Gee, if only you could look at the source code to find out...
>
> Hint:
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tomcat/tc6.0.x/trunk/java/org/apache/tomcat/util/http/mapper/Mapper.java?view=annotate

Sorry Mark, I did just now, and figure that it must be happening
somewhere around line 600 of that piece of art, but my Java knowledge is
too limited to figure out what exactly it is doing.
I get the feeling it's (2), but then..
So come on, tell us : (1) or (2) ?

If it happened to be (2), then one could argue that adding an <Alias>
matching the real "Host:" of the calls, is actually slightly faster than
not doing so.
One would just love to catch Chuck some time..