tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: How can I prevent Quartz multiple execution after tomcatrestart
Date Fri, 23 Oct 2009 14:25:51 GMT
Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: André Warnier [mailto:aw@ice-sa.com]
>> Subject: RE: How can I prevent Quartz multiple execution after
>> tomcatrestart
>>
>>> Note that if you have only one <Host>, <Alias> elements are
>>> completely superfluous.
>
>> But maybe still useful, from a documentation point of view. ;-)
>
> Better handled by comments, rather than configuration elements that can mislead someone
into thinking something useful is being accomplished.

Well, let's get to the bottom of this.
When Tomcat gets a request, does it :
1) figure immediately that it has only one Host, and thus not even look
at the "Host:" header, and respond with the one and only default Host ?
or
2) first look at the Host header, try to find a matching Host or Alias,
and only default to the default Host if it has /not/ found a matching
Host name or Alias ?

Hmm ?