tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: POST request encoding - Tomcat/JVM configuration?
Date Fri, 23 Oct 2009 14:21:37 GMT
Pfeifer Jan wrote:
> "That JSP should work on any clean Tomcat installation. "It doesn't
work" isn't very informative. We need details." There realy is not much
more to say. "it worked, now it does not". I also use myeclipse IDE. I disabled
it,reinstalled tomcat, tried it and "it does not work". I believe that clean
instalation of the whole system will work, but this is not an option at the moment. Neither
Tomcat upgrade. What else can change the way how Tomcat/Java treats the request body? "String
decoded = new String(param.getBytes("iso-8859-1"),"UTF-8");
for a start" I know about URIEncoding in server.xml and about using Encoding filter,but
we use this for decoding GET request for historical reasons. Or is there more "correct"
way to decode String? Jan

Jan,
I don't know if this affects only my mail reader, but your messages to
the list, for me, are almost impossible to read because of the apparent
profusion of html escapes in them.
Can you maybe make sure that you are posting only in "plain text" ?

Until I am sure that it is not only a problem on my side, I will refrain
from further comments about posting encoding-related issues in html...