tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tomcat is not getting shutdown
Date Wed, 21 Oct 2009 12:16:16 GMT
Suneel Saguturu wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>

>       Thank you, I got the thread dump, please find it below and suggest
> what could be the problem.

1. Run the shutdown script
2. Wait a 60s to make sure it has completed
3. Take a thread dump
4. Look for threads that are not marked as daemon
5. Figure out what started those threads and either a) start them as daemon or
b) make sure they are stopped when you ap stops (use a context listener).

The JOSSOAssertionMonitor threads look like candidates to me but since Tomcat
hadn't been shutdown when you took the thread dump it is impossible to be sure.

Mark