tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pid <...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: Does Tomcat http support subdomains?
Date Wed, 21 Oct 2009 07:56:57 GMT
On 20/10/2009 20:41, Tony Anecito wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Does anyone know if Tomcat supports subdomains for its or the APR http function? The
Apache Web server does. I am starting to see more and more use of subdomains for performance
improvements by allowing more browser connections from the same browser.

> Here is an example link of what I am talking about.
> http://www.askapache.com/htaccess/apache-speed-subdomains.html

My initial response to that article is that it's vague drivel.

"If you are an incredibly savvy and experienced web developer, no doubt
you already have a DreamHost account" - should be all you need to read
to make a reasonable critical assessment of the quality of this article.

Instead, read "http://www.websiteoptimization.com/" for a more rational
approach.