tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pid <...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 5.59 with jTDS, and SQL Server 2005
Date Wed, 21 Oct 2009 07:20:14 GMT
On 20/10/2009 21:01, George Sexton wrote:

> [...]

You can't distribute the DB itself, so why worry about distributing a
driver for it?

If an end-user has to install & configure the DB, configuring a driver
should be less problematic, by comparison.

>> The other "free" choices, the JDBC-ODBC bridge and Microsoft's own JDBC
>> driver are not actually free. If you encounter an issue with any of
>> them you
>> won't be able to fix it yourself and response times from both Microsoft
>> and

This doesn't look like a Tomcat problem anymore, it looks like a jTDS
problem.

With respect, your options would seem to be to the afore-mentioned "fix
it yourself" or a follow up in that community for an interpretation of
what is going wrong.

>> Sun are anything but short. Also, both of them lack functionality (the
>> Microsoft driver implements JDBC 2.0, while the bridge is just a JDBC
>> 1.0
>
> That may have been true at one time, but the current drivers are JDBC3 and
> JDBC4 compliant.

Which is what I found on the MS site, after a cursory look.  Try the
official driver and see if there's a technical problem with that.