tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Josh <j...@globalherald.net>
Subject How do I debug dispatching errors?
Date Tue, 20 Oct 2009 16:50:46 GMT
Hello,

I have a rather small application using servlets.  I am encountering a
problem where the dispatching is not working properly.  There is a
'web.xml' file that looks like the first listing below.

I have a debug statement set on the first line in the constructor of
com.mycorp.referral.servlets.CreateRelationshipServlet.  However, when I
call the servlet with this URL:
http://localhost:8081/MyApp/CreateRelationshp ... the createRelationship
is not called - rather, ProcessAction is called again.  I have set the
debug levels in server.xml and web.xml to 'DEBUG'... but I do not get
any errors in those logs.  How can I debug the dispatcher and determine
why it's not dispatching properly?

Thanks very much!!

<!DOCTYPE web-app

<web-app>
     <servlet>
        <servlet-name>LoginServlet</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>com.mycorp.referral.servlets.LoginServlet</servlet-class>

        <!-- <init-param>
            <param-name>propertyFileNameLocation</param-name>
            <param-value>C:/EclipseLib/FarmersQueue.properties</param-value>
        </init-param>
        -->
    </servlet>
    <servlet>
            <servlet-name>CreateRelationshipServlet</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>com.mycorp.referral.servlets.CreateRelationshipServlet</servlet-class>
    </servlet>
    <servlet>
            <servlet-name>ProcessActionServlet</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>com.mycorp.referral.servlets.ProcessActionServlet</servlet-class>
    </servlet>
    <servlet>
            <servlet-name>UpdateRelationshipServlet</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>com.mycorp.referral.servlets.UpdateRelationshipServlet</servlet-class>
    </servlet>

    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>LoginServlet</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/Login</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-mapping>
            <servlet-name>CreateRelationshipServlet</servlet-name>
            <url-pattern>/CreateRelationship</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-mapping>
            <servlet-name>ProcessActionServlet</servlet-name>
            <url-pattern>/ProcessAction</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-mapping>
            <servlet-name>UpdateRelationshipServlet</servlet-name>
            <url-pattern>/UpdateRelationship</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

    <welcome-file-list>
               <welcome-file>Login.jsp</welcome-file>
    </welcome-file-list>