tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier>
Subject Re: Multiple Instance of Tomcat 5 on Centos 5
Date Tue, 20 Oct 2009 14:25:23 GMT
homerlex wrote:
> I have Centos 5 on which I yum installed Tomcat5.
> Does anyone have tips for setting up multiple instances of TC in this
> configuration?  I have seen some how-tos with other flavors of Linux.  Its
> it going to be a matter of copying some files around and customizing the
> /etc/init.d/tomcat5 script?
Basically yes, plus changing the ports used by each instance in its own
private conf/server.xml file.  But that is easier said than done if you
are using a pre-packaged version which sets up symlinks all over the place..

The first question that should probably be asked is whether you really
need several Tomcat instances, as opposed to one instance with several
<Host>'s.  That is a lot easier to achieve, and it may be enough for
what you have in mind.  Each such <Host> has a distinct DNS name, and a
distinct ../webapps directory, so you can segregate things quite
flexibly without going through the hassle of changing startup scripts
and links.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message