tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: FOO / HTTP/1.1
Date Mon, 12 Oct 2009 10:01:48 GMT
Ronald Klop wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If I send this to my Tomcat it responds with HTTP/1.1 200 OK and calls
> my servlet. :-)
> telnet localhost 8080
> FOO / HTTP/1.1
> Host: localhost
>
> What is this suppost to do?

:-)
I don't know what is the context, and how you determine that Tomcat is
the target, nor how you know that "your servlet" is being called, but on
the face if it, it does exactly what it is supposed to do.
 From the above, the conclusions that can be drawn are :
- there is a webserver on localhost which answers to port 8080
- it has a valid document to return for the URL "/"
- and it is not too picky about HTTP verbs, since it seems to consider
"FOO" as an acceptable alias for "GET"
If you want more information, I am afraid that you will have to supply
more details about your configuration, and maybe explain exactly what
the question is.