tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Does Tomcat http work on port 80?
Date Fri, 09 Oct 2009 17:00:49 GMT
Tony Anecito wrote:
When I changed the server.xml recommended
  by Jboss and others to port 80 I got the white page (no source)

Tony,
you may get a page that looks empty in your browser.
But that is not all that you are getting.
If you look at the page source, you will probably see more.
If you look at the server logs, you will see much more.
If you get some add-on to your browser (like HttpFox or Fiddler2), you
will see even more, in the form of HTTP headers and a status code that
the server returns.