tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Re Directing tomcat console out put to log files
Date Fri, 09 Oct 2009 13:51:20 GMT
VijayKS wrote:

>> Hi I m using Tomcat 4.1.
>> I try to redirect System.out to  log files, but unable to do it.
>> Help me to resolve this issue
>>

> I installed the exe version of tomcat 4.1 .
> There is no catalina.log files present.
> "localhost_log.2009-10-09.txt" This is the file name is in
> C:\tomcat4.1\logs\ folder.
> But the System.out. messages not written in this file and it is written in
> console window

Vijay,

by now Tomcat 4.1 must be about 10 years old.  It is no longer developed
nor maintained.  The current version is Tomcat 6.20.x. In-between, there
  have been Tomcat 5.0 and Tomcat 5.5.
So why do you install Tomcat 4.1 ?
It is not any cheaper than the latest one.
Most people here are probably too young even to remember how to
configure that version.  And even if they are not, not many people here
will be willing to go back digging into that old documentation and find
answers for you. (Something by the way which you could do yourself.)
I would recommend that you de-install Tomcat 4.1, install the latest
version, and then if you have a problem come back and ask.