tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Date Mon, 05 Oct 2009 20:04:18 GMT
André Warnier wrote:
and still wants to add something :

- a new KeepAlive connection is made from the browser to Apache (httpd).
- then a request comes in on that connection, and it happens to be one
that gets forwarded to Tomcat.  So a mod_jk connection is made to
Tomcat, Tomcat allocates a thread for it.
- I would imagine that mod_jk must pass on to Tomcat the fact that this
is a KeepAlive connection, so that Tomcat would know that its thread for
that connection, should also wait for subsequent requests.
- so now the webapp/thread generates the response to the first request,
and waits on the connection for more requests.
- however, the browser does send more requests to Apache, but these are
not ones that get forwarded to Tomcat (for example, they are for items
that Apache serves locally) ...

So now I wonder about how Apache + mod_jk + Tomcat react in such a
situation.  Do the mod_jk connection +Tomcat thread keep waiting anyway,
and how long ?

Rainer ?