tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Linux sysadmin <sysad...@pattersunx.com>
Subject Re: resource not available : Apache Tomcat/6.0.20 with java jdk1.6.0_16 on linux 2.6.30.1
Date Sun, 04 Oct 2009 21:41:15 GMT
Hi back Konstantin,

  When i put a web.xml in ${catalina.base}/conf  it's working, that's
great, thanks Konstantin for this remarks ;-)

  But what i really wanted, is not using an web.xml in
${catalina.base}/conf  but use the web.xml of each application, and use
the master web.xml in ${catalina.home} in the case of a web.xml missing
in an application ....

  Perhaps i am misunderstanding the  concept of   CATALINA_HOME and
CATALINA_BASE  !!!

 If it's working with the java command without the web.xml in
${catalina.base}/conf    why it's not working with  the  "jsvc" command,
that's my bigger interrogation for now ...

Nevertheless thanks you very much for giving me this light on this case ...

I am analysing the strace logs for trying to have an answer ....

Cheers

Gerald