tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pfeifer Jan <jpfei...@m2000.cz>
Subject Re: POST request encoding - Tomcat/JVM configuration?
Date Sat, 24 Oct 2009 09:58:40 GMT
I apologize for my last post, I accidentaly doublecoded it.

Original post:

&quot;That JSP should work on any clean Tomcat installation. &quot;It doesn't work&quot;
isn't very informative. We need details.&quot;
There realy is not much more to say. &quot;it worked, now it does not&quot;.

I also use myeclipse IDE. I disabled it,reinstalled tomcat, tried it and &quot;it does
not work&quot;. I believe that clean instalation of the whole system will work, but this
is not an option at the moment. Neither Tomcat upgrade.

 What else can change the way how Tomcat/Java treats the request body?

&quot;String decoded = new String(param.getBytes(&quot;iso-8859-1&quot;),&quot;UTF-8&quot;);
for a start&quot;
I know about URIEncoding in server.xml and about using Encoding filter,but we use this for
decoding GET request for historical reasons. Or is there more &quot;correct&quot;
way to decode String?

Jan