tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Manlio Malaidini <mmalaid...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ClassNotFoundException when deserializing persisted sessions
Date Wed, 14 Oct 2009 21:09:42 GMT
On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 3:00 PM, Christopher Schultz
<chris@christopherschultz.net> wrote:
> Hmm... would you be willing to hack Tomcat's code a bit?

I would, but I'd rather not: we don't control every environment where
we deploy our software, hence it may be impossible to deploy a patched
version of Tomcat.

> If you modify
> the method that is trying to load the objects from the FileStore, you
> can probably ask it what the thread's context ClassLoader is... it
> should be the same as your webapp's ClassLoader, and it should be being
> used to load those classes.
>
> You might want to file a bugzilla entry for this, or look to see if one
> exists like this and perhaps has a solution.

I'll check bugzilla and eventually file a bug, thanks.

> I can't imagine that Tomcat has a bug and you're the only one to find
> out about it, but someone's got to be the first one to report a problem
> that exists, right?

True. :)

OTOH, a colleague has an idea about using a lazy deserializer that
should be immune to this problem.

Thanks,
MM