tomcat-users mailing list archives

From thomas2004 <thomas200...@yahoo.de>
Subject A question about log-rotation on "catalina.out"
Date Thu, 29 Oct 2009 09:17:17 GMT

Hi all,

I have now a problem/question:

I've installed Tomcat 5.5.27 on Linux. Though the "catalina.out" will be
rotated everyday, i.g. "catalina.yyyy-mm-dd.log. But the "catalina.out"-self
doesn't begin from the new day but still contains the old log messages. I've
heard this is default setting. Is it true?

How can I improve this log-rotation so that everyday the "catalina.out" will
be closed and a new one created which just holds the current day log
messages?