tomcat-users mailing list archives

From NabiL <elaomari.na...@gmail.com>
Subject Tomcat6 does not shutdown
Date Thu, 22 Oct 2009 10:07:29 GMT

Hi,

I use tomcat 6 installed on Linux RedHat5. I enabled JMX as follows
JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -Djava.rmi.server.hostname=10.97.242.177
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=2099
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=false"

After starting tomcat, i can successfully connect to remote process using
Jconsole.

When i tried to stop tomcat from comand line using ./shutdown.sh i got the
following errors.

Error: Exception thrown by the agent : java.rmi.server.ExportException: Port
already in use: 2099; nested exception is:
        java.net.BindException: Address already in use

Any help !!

Thanks in adavance.
Nabil