tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman <kreshna_icehe...@yahoo.com>
Subject Installing Tomcat: how much do versions matter?
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2009 10:34:40 GMT

I need to install the following components on Windows XP (for ArcIMS):
1) Apache 2.0.43 (MSI installer for Windows, no crypto)
2) JSDK 1.4.1_01
3) Tomcat 4.1.12
4) mod_jk2-2.0.43.dll

Problem is, Apache 2.0.43 and Tomcat 4.1.12 are just _nowhere_ to be found.
These are what I got instead:
1) Apache 2.0.63  (MSI installer for Windows, no crypto)
2) JSDK 1.4.1_01
3) Tomcat 4.1.40
4) mod_jk2-2.0.43.dll

The Tomcat 4.1.40 is the JDK 1.4 version, so I think (or hope) there should
be no problem with that. However, the Apache is 2.0.63, while the mod_jk2
connector is clearly named mod_jk2-2.0.43.dll. Will I be able to run
everything smoothly, or will they just fail?

What if I go with newest version of every component instead? Thus, I'll be
using:
1) Apache 2.2.13
2) JSDK 6u16
3) Tomcat 6.0.20