tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Cyrille Le Clerc <>
Subject Re: Valves being converted to Filters?
Date Tue, 20 Oct 2009 23:06:15 GMT
   Hello Henri,

   I was referring to public information such as :
- Google Summer Of Code 2009, project "Convert current Tomcat valves
to Servlet Filters" :
and the various associated emails on Tomcat dev mailing list.
- Mark Thomas post on Tomcat users mailing list : "...47330 is on the
todo list but my current plan is to implement it as a Filter rather
than a valve. " (1)

   However, my understanding is not that pluggable 'interceptors' will
be removed from the container, just that the Valve API will be
replaced with a Filter API. I feel interfaces (HttpServletRequest &
HttpServletResponse) will be much more easy to manipulate than the
current implementations (Request, Response).

   Hopr this clarifies my message,

Cyrille Le Clerc