tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Bacon <alexander.c.ba...@gmail.com>
Subject Inconsistent Horizontal Tomcat Cluster with Apache Load-Balancing (Windows)
Date Mon, 14 Sep 2009 13:43:09 GMT
Environment:
Windows Server 2003
Tomcat 6.0.20
Apache HTTP Server 2.2.11
JK 1.2.28 Connector

The goal is to have horizontal clustering with load balancing and
failover (with session persistence).

The load balancing aspect works as expected. The issue I've been
having is that when ServerA crashes, it will swap over to ServerB and
the session will persist; however, if ServerB crashes, it will swap
over to ServerA but lose the session. The configurations are identical
except for the jvmRoutes.

In the log files for ServerB:
INFO: Manager [/test-app]: skipping state transfer. No members active
in cluster group.

I've been struggling with making this work over the past couple months
with no luck. I've found several resources on the web, but they have a
lot of conflicting information even when they say they are
accomplishing the same end result. One of the suggestions I
encountered was regarding the distributable tag, which I have ensured
is in both configurations.

Thank you for your time.

-Alexander