tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jim Cox <shakahsha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: thread dumps catalina.out
Date Wed, 02 Sep 2009 19:05:20 GMT
FWIW, I usually do a tail/tee on catalina.out in a term, then do the
kill -QUIT <tomcat PID> from another term, then kill the tail/tee
combo which leaves me with a reasonably clean thread dump.

For example:

Terminal A:
prompt$ tail -f /usr/local/tomcat/logs/catalina.out | tee
/tmp/tomcat-threads.tmpA

Terminal B:
prompt$ kill -QUIT 12345