tomcat-users mailing list archives

From sharda k <sktom...@gmail.com>
Subject Container based authentication using LDAP and Active Directory
Date Tue, 15 Sep 2009 20:00:39 GMT
Hi,

I want to implement Container based Authentication for a new web site I am
working on.

The scenario that I have is:

   - User ids are being stored in LDAP
   - User credentials(password) are being stored in Active Directory (AD).
   - User roles are gain being stored in LDAP

In all examples that I could find in different websites write about LDAP
authentication in Tomcat. Is there a way we can combine both LDAP and AD for
authentication?

Also I want to use custom login page for it.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Sharda