tomcat-users mailing list archives

From JO...@catholic-doc.org
Subject Can't fully undeploy a servlet application in Tomcat 6.0.18
Date Fri, 04 Sep 2009 13:40:20 GMT
I'm using the Tomcat Web Application Manager to deploy and undeploy
servlet applications on a Windows 2003 server box.  Sometimes, not all of
the files are deleted from the application directory during an undeploy,
because something has them locked.  The files that are locked are one or
more HTML files.  When this happens I need to stop Tomcat, manually delete
the application directory, then restart Tomcat and deploy the new version.
 Are there any options that can be set in a Windows environment, that will
prevent this from happening?

Thanks, Jon Oman