tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ningappa Koneri" <ningappa.kon...@comviva.com>
Subject RE: java heap space error
Date Tue, 01 Sep 2009 08:23:35 GMT
Thanks a lot it seems I also need to do the same.

Regards,
Ningappa Koneri
mLifestyle | www.comviva.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Suleyman Akpinar [mailto:suleyman.akpinar@hititcs.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 01, 2009 1:49 PM
To: Özkan Dülger; Serdar Gür
Subject: Re: java heap space error

Many thanks Pid,

Your solution seems very reasonable. I will fulfill your advice.

Best Regards,
Suleyman

Pid wrote:
> On 01/09/2009 08:58, Suleyman Akpinar wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have a java web application running on tomcat and I get java heap
>> space not enough error temporarily. Each time I am increasing the JMV
>> heap option by modifying the system variable CATALINA_OPTS. However,
>> this solves the problem temporarily. I get the same error when I work
>> for some more weeks on the development of the application.
>>
>> Can anybody help me solve the problem?
>
> You probably have a memory leak in your application.
>
> The first thing to check thoroughly, and I do mean thoroughly, is that
> you are properly closing all database connections and related objects.
> Don't assume that you have done so - check every location in the code
> carefully.
>
> Depending on which OS & JVM version you have, (you didn't say - so we
> have to guess), there are tools you can use to examine the
> application's state and memory consumption.
>
> Google "memory leak", "jmap" and "thread dump"

>> Thanks in advance.
>> Suleyman

This e-mail and all material transmitted with it are for the use of the intended recipient(s)
ONLY and contains confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies and the original
message. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or
copying of this email or any action taken pursuant to the contents of the present e-mail is
strictly prohibited and is unlawful.
The recipient acknowledges that Comviva Technologies Limited or its management or directors,
are unable to exercise control or ensure the integrity over /of the contents of the information
contained in e-mail. Any views expressed herein are those of the individual sender only and
no binding nature of the contents shall be implied or assumed unless the sender does so expressly
with due authority of Comviva Technologies Limited. E-mail and any contents transmitted with
it are prone to viruses and related defects despite all efforts to avoid such by Comviva Technologies
Limited.