tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Lataxes, Karl" <Karl.Lata...@nielsen.com>
Subject RE: Unable to Access Servlet After Migrating From Tomcat 5.0.25 to 6.0.18
Date Fri, 04 Sep 2009 14:16:14 GMT
Yes, the path exists, but I do have some symlinks to jar files in the
...DataColl/WEB-INF/lib directory.  I set allowLinking="true" in the
context and fired up Tomcat again, but got the same result.  As far as I
can tell from catalina.out, the context is being loaded properly.

Could it be something in the conf directory, some security setting that
I have somehow missed?

-----Original Message-----
From: Caldarale, Charles R [mailto:Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com]
Sent: Friday, September 04, 2009 9:51 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Unable to Access Servlet After Migrating From Tomcat 5.0.25
to 6.0.18

> From: Lataxes, Karl [mailto:Karl.Lataxes@nielsen.com]
> Subject: RE: Unable to Access Servlet After Migrating From Tomcat
> 5.0.25 to 6.0.18
>
> I made the recommended changes but am still getting the exception.
> The context file that I renamed to UMI.xml contains only the
following:

> <Context  docBase="/amd/homes/lataxeks/umi/ap/DataColl"
> 	reloadable="true">
> </Context>

Does that docBase actually exist?  Does that path consist of hard links
only?  If any symlinks are involved, you will need to set
allowLinking="true" in the <Context>.

> Context still is being loaded at startup, so that is not the issue.

Post the log for that, please.

> <servlet-mapping>
> 	<servlet-name>HUControlServlet</servlet-name>
> 	<url-pattern>/servlet/HUControlServlet</url-pattern>
> </servlet-mapping>
>
> I also tried removing the "/" from the beginning of the url-pattern
> parameter and restarted Tomcat, but the results were the same.

Read the servlet spec; the leading slash is required.

What exact URL are you using?

Should probably post your complete web.xml again.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.