tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Lataxes, Karl" <Karl.Lata...@nielsen.com>
Subject RE: Unable to Access Servlet After Migrating From Tomcat 5.0.25 to 6.0.18
Date Fri, 04 Sep 2009 13:42:02 GMT
I made the recommended changes but am still getting the exception.  The
context file that I renamed to UMI.xml contains only the following:

<Context  docBase="/amd/homes/lataxeks/umi/ap/DataColl"
	reloadable="true">
</Context>

Context still is being loaded at startup, so that is not the issue.

Here are the changes I made to servlet-mapping in web.xml:

<servlet-mapping>
	<servlet-name>HUControlServlet</servlet-name>
	<url-pattern>/servlet/HUControlServlet</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

I also tried removing the "/" from the beginning of the url-pattern
parameter and restarted Tomcat, but the results were the same.

-----Original Message-----
From: Caldarale, Charles R [mailto:Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com]
Sent: Friday, September 04, 2009 9:16 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Unable to Access Servlet After Migrating From Tomcat 5.0.25
to 6.0.18

> From: Lataxes, Karl [mailto:Karl.Lataxes@nielsen.com]
> Subject: Unable to Access Servlet After Migrating From Tomcat 5.0.25
> 6.0.18
>
> The context.xml and web.xml files as described are similar to what we
> have running under Tomcat 5.0.25.

Which is likely the problem.  The <Context> element has changed between
the two levels.

> <Context path="/UMI" docBase="/amd/homes/lataxeks/umi/ap/DataColl"

The path attribute is not allowed when the file containing the <Context>
element is in conf/Catalina/[host]; instead, that file must be named
UMI.xml.

> 	<Resources
> className="org.apache.naming.resources.FileDirContext"
> 		allowLinking="true" />

Remove the <Resources> element, since it's the default.  Note that there
is no allowLinking attribute for <Resources>.

> 	<Logger className="org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger"
> 		prefix="UMIAPDC_log." suffix=".txt"
> 		directory="/amd/homes/lataxeks/umi/logs"
> 		timestamp="true"/>

There is no <Logger> element in Tomcat 6.0; remove that.

> 	<Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.MemoryRealm" />

Unless you're just testing, that's not a good choice for a <Realm>.

> The following are the contents of the web.xml file:
> 	<servlet-mapping>
> 		<servlet-name>HUControlServlet</servlet-name>
> 		<url-pattern>/UMI/servlet/HUControlServlet</url-pattern>
> 	</servlet-mapping>

The /UMI should not be part of the <url-pattern>.

Clean up all of the above, and then let's see what happens.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.