tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rafael Muneton <rafael_mune...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Why "tomcat" didn't compile my jsp's
Date Sat, 19 Sep 2009 19:53:31 GMT

Hi Chuck.

Maybe I wasn't very clear.

What I did was the following:

  I placed all my directories structure, within the src dir I placed the HelloRafael.jsp,inside
a HelloRafael.war file and that's what I deployed into Tomcat using the Manager.

I copied a build.xml file and adapted it to my web appl, and this too goes inside my HelloRafael.war
file.

So I am quite sure that I'm doing something wrong, the question is What exactly I'm doing
wrong?

Thanks.

Rafael.

> From: Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com
> To: users@tomcat.apache.org
> Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 20:24:11 -0500
> Subject: RE: Why "tomcat" didn't compile my jsp's
>
> > From: Rafael Muneton [mailto:rafael_muneton@hotmail.com]
> > Subject: Why "tomcat" didn't compile my jsp's
> >
> > In my first steps I deployed my Hello.jsp into Tomcat using
> > the Tomcat Manager
>
> ??? The manager deploys webapps, not individual JSPs. What exactly did you do?
>
> > So I googled my problem and someone told me that this job
> > could be done by "ANT" not by "TOMCAT".
>
> Incorrect information. Ant is not required to be present nor is it sufficient to compile
JSPs; JSPs can be pre-compiled with ant in conjunction with other packages, but it is not
necessary.