tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Nagulapalli, Srinivas" <Srinivas.Nagulapa...@starwoodvo.com>
Subject Configuring second tomcat instance on same box
Date Thu, 17 Sep 2009 14:57:31 GMT

I am trying to create second Tomcat instance on same machine.
Installed Tomcat into separate folder say c:\tomcat2 and changed
the conf/server.xml port numbers to different values.
Basically I bumped the Server port from 8005 to 8006,
connector port to 8081 from 8080 and redirectPort to 8444 (from 8443).
Changes are like below.

Still, when I start this second instance, I get the error saying:
"Several ports (8005,8009) required by Tomcat at localhost are already
in use."

True, they are in use as my original Tomcat instance is running on them.
But I changed those port numbers for this instance in server.xml file.
Do I have to change else where? Thanks much for insights and pointers.

Best
Srini

==Snippets from TOMCAT2_HOME\conf\server.xml============

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<Server port="8006" shutdown="SHUTDOWN"> <!-- was 8005 originally -->
    <!-- was originally at 8080, 8443 -->
    <Connector port="8081" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
               connectionTimeout="20000"
               redirectPort="8444" />

    <!-- Define an AJP 1.3 Connector on port 8010(was 8009!) -->
    <Connector port="8010" protocol="AJP/1.3" redirectPort="8444" />
    <!-- In above ports were 8009 and 8443 respectively, originally! -->
      </Host>
    </Engine>
  </Service>
</Server>

This electronic message transmission contains information from the Company that may be proprietary,
confidential and/or privileged.
The information is intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity named above.
If you are not the intended recipient, be
aware that any disclosure, copying or distribution or use of the contents of this information
is prohibited.  If you have received
this electronic transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to
the address listed in the "From:" field.