tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Why "tomcat" didn't compile my jsp's
Date Sat, 19 Sep 2009 19:56:20 GMT
> From: Rafael Muneton [mailto:rafael_muneton@hotmail.com]
> Subject: RE: Why "tomcat" didn't compile my jsp's
>
> My HelloRafael.war is formed according to this structure:
>   -Dir HelloRafael ,  under it,  (this is the top dir)
>     -Dir docs  , docs is empty.
>     -Dir src, inside src i placed HelloRafael.jsp

This is an error; the src directory is normally used to hold .java files, not JSPs.  Also,
you should not include your src directory in your .war file.

>     -Dir web, under web there are 2 subdirs, WEB-INF and images(empty).
>     -The build.xml file.

The build.xml file should not be included in the .war.

> Within the WEB-INF dir there are two more subdirs:
>     -Dir classes, for the compiled files.
>     -Dir lib, for the jar files needed.
>     -The web.xml file and again my HelloRafael.jsp

Your JSP files must not be placed under WEB-INF, since files under WEB-INF may not be directly
accessed via URL, and .jsp files have to be.

For this effort, the HelloRafael.jsp file should be placed at the top level of your webapp
- the same level as WEB-INF and docs.

 - Chuck