tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: tomcat & url rewrite
Date Thu, 17 Sep 2009 02:41:40 GMT
> From: WILLIAMer [mailto:william.tzeng@echannelopen.com.tw]
> Subject: Re: tomcat & url rewrite
>
> The error like the path is mapping incorrectly.

What do you have in WEB-INF/web.xml for your webapp?

> I set my application to be ROOT.

How?

> Why i say http://myDomain/item_pd12/34.html let me confuse?
> Because i didnt have the directory named item_pd12.

No, it's because you have incorrect <servlet-mapping> in the WEB-INF/web.xml for your
webapp.

> So i think the "/" let tomcat explain there has directory relationship.
> Is it wrong idea?

It's the wrong idea.  Tomcat doesn't care about directories, only about the <servlet-mapping>
elements you have specified.  Post your WEB-INF/web.xml so we can take a look at it.

 - Chuck